BBMA CleanPlay is an industry-leading initiative aimed to protect the health and safety of everyone in our facilities. The health and safety of our students, families, and staff has always been our #1 priority at BBMA, and our CleanPlay initiative incorporates rigorous protocols and precautions we implemented and maintained during the pandemic. These protocols are just one more reason why parents are confident to leave their children in our care.
What health screening protocols are in place?
Health Screening & Temperature Check Protocol
- Any person entering the school will undergo a temperature check and health screening assessment. Any person with a fever will not be allowed entry until they have been fever-free for 24 hours. In addition, we will ask a series of health screening questions to ensure the exposure risk is low.
Are parents and visitors allowed in the building?
Yes, however there may be limitations and exclusions based on state or local regulations, please contact your school director for location specific requirements.
- After passing the temperature check and health screening assessment, parents and visitors may enter but must wear a mask at all times while in the building. In addition, any sign-in/out forms or electronic devices will be sanitized after each use.
- Some schools are allowing one parent per child to enter the building with limited access to the entryway, and hallways only. At this time, parents and visitors will not be allowed to enter classrooms for added safety.
- School administrators may limit the number of families in the building at one to maintain social distancing. We reserve the right to deny access to any parent or visitor not willing to adhere to our guidelines.
- All outside visitors, parents, and staff must follow social distancing procedures throughout their visit.
- We will continue to update parents about classroom activities through our mobile app. If you are not receiving updates, please contact your school director for more information.
What do precautions are being taken inside the classrooms and playgrounds?
- For infant, toddler, and two-year-old classrooms, toys are separated into bins. Once a child is finished playing with an individual toy, they are placed in the bin to be sanitized before it can be returned to the play area. At the end of the day, every toy is sanitized, regardless of which bin they are in.
- For preschool and school-age classrooms, we routinely disinfect all toys, door handles, sink areas, and other frequently touched surfaces throughout the day.
- All toys and equipment are sanitized at the end of each day.
- We enforce frequent handwashing for children and staff.
- We ask that you limit personal belongings at this time.
- Items such as extra clothing should be sent in a bag and labeled with your child's name to be stored in individual cubbies.
We do not permit video games, toys from home and/or personal electronics, including cell phones and tablets, in the classrooms.
While we recommend that ALL children not wear jewelry to school, it is our policy to prohibit children under the age of two from wearing jewelry or earrings, as they can injure a child, especially in a group environment. Loose jewelry may be removed by teachers for safety. BBMA is not responsible for any lost or missing jewelry.
Social Distancing in the Classroom
- We encourage children to spread out in the classroom during play, however all learning centers will be open during free play periods.
- During group time, children will be seated apart from each other using mats or tape.
- The number of children at tables will be limited.
- Children are distanced while in lines to go outside or for handwashing.
- Nap cots are labeled and cleaned in between use. Only small, non-quilted blankets that fit in a child’s cubby are allowed. Pillows, comfort toys, and any other items are no longer permitted.
- Nap cots will be placed as far apart as possible. For classrooms with limited space, barriers will be placed between cots.
- Playground times should be staggered and there will be no more than one group on any playground at the same time.
- Individual classroom groups will not mix on the playground at any time.
How is BBMA ensuring directors and staff are not infected? Are employees encouraged or required to be vaccinated?
Daily health screenings are given and temperatures are taken for all directors and staff. We have encouraged staff to get the vaccine, and allowed time off for vaccine appointments.
Are directors and staff required to wear masks during the day?
Unvaccinated staff are required to wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth at all times upon entering the facility.
Are there extra precautions for meals and snacks?
Yes, we have updated our food service process to:
- Limit the number of staff involved in food prep and serving.
- Meals are delivered to the door of the classroom, and food service staff do not enter the classroom.
- Children are distanced at tables during lunch.
- Teachers serve all food, and any family-style dining has been discontinued.
I'm not ready for my child to attend full time. Are flexible schedules available?
We currently offer part-time programs at certain locations, depending on availability. Full-time enrollments are given priority and part-time costs vary by location.
How will BBMA inform parents of any potential positive cases of students or staff at each center?
Should there be any positive COVID cases in our facilities, parents will be notified immediately by phone and by letter at pickup. While we will evaluate the circumstances of each positive case individually, we may need to close the school or certain affected classrooms for a period of time.