Two-year-olds are energetic and curious. At Big Blue Marble Academy, we create an environment that nurtures and embraces their high-energy attitudes, giving them room to move and explore. Through effective use of sounds and expressions, we encourage your child’s development of language and communication skills. We also introduce them to foreign language learning through songs and active play.
Our curriculum incorporates music and movement to introduce your children to new skills, build their confidence, and encourage them to learn in an exciting, engaging way.
In addition to personal care and routines, children spend time:
- Participating in “Circle Time”, including songs, books, music and movement and curriculum-based experiences
- Participating in “Free Choice”, with the opportunity to move from center to center and make choices of what type of materials they would like to play with. Some examples include:
- Science – age-appropriate materials may include: magnifying glasses, magnets, puzzles, plastic animals. Children learn age-appropriate scientific/engineering concepts, develop problem solving skills and important language and vocabulary skills
- Manipulatives – age-appropriate materials may include: stringing beads, puzzles, linking toys, pegs and pegboards. Children work on fine motor skills, cognitive skills, language and vocabulary, and emotional and social skills
- Dramatic Play – age-appropriate materials may include: dress up clothes, plastic food and dishes, play phones, baby dolls and furniture. Children develop pre-literacy skills by engaging in pretend play. In addition, they learn social, emotional, cognitive, motor, language, communication, and problem solving skills
- Engaging in curriculum experiences to promote physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Playing outdoors, often twice a day, to engage in motor activities
- Engaging in mealtime, helping children learn age-appropriate social/emotional, math, science, language and communication skills during this key social experience
We encourage learning through music, art, physical activity and sensory play.
In addition to creative learning, we also focus on other developmental skills such as potty training.