Three-year-old preschoolers are curious, creative, and playful, with a world full of exciting and interesting ideas to explore. Our threes program encourages your children to participate in conversations, ask questions, and help one another learn and grow.
We create our lesson plans around weekly and monthly themes that keep young minds engaged, while still allowing flexibility to engage each child’s individual interests and skills.
Our three-year-olds are encouraged to develop respect and appreciation for other cultures through weekly Spanish classes taught by an experienced instructor. The children learn foreign language skills through stories, music, and games in an immersive, interactive environment, with a curriculum tailored to preschoolers’ unique needs. The curriculum is age-specific and created to encourage the participation of all students.
Three-year-olds are also welcome to enroll in our Spanish immersion preschool, offered at select locations. Click here for more information.
In addition to personal care and routines, children spend time:
- Participating in “Circle Time”, including songs, books, music and movement and curriculum-based experiences
- Participating in “Free Choice”, with the opportunity to move from center to center and make choices of what type of materials they would like to play with. Some examples include:
- Science – age-appropriate materials may include: magnifying glasses, magnets, puzzles, plastic animals. Children learn age-appropriate scientific concepts, language, and vocabulary
- Manipulatives – age-appropriate materials may include: stringing beads, puzzles, Legos. Children work on fine motor skills, cognitive skills, language and vocabulary, and emotional and social skills
- Math – age-appropriate materials may include: counting bears, scales, measuring containers, number and shape puzzles. Children learn classification, organization, patterning, measurement, and more.
- Engaging in curriculum experiences to promote physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Playing outdoors, often twice a day, to engage in motor activities
- Cleaning up after a day of play using labeled bins as a guide, learning to classify and organize, which are important pre-reading and math skills
Our three-year-olds participate in a weekly Spanish lesson, during which time our experienced language teachers use fun lessons that incorporate music and play to give early exposure to other cultures.
We focus on independence by encouraging children to master skills on their own, such as hand washing, nose blowing, and proper use of utensils, among others.